SUCCINCT WRITERS TIPS
Writing succinctly is key when you want to write a top-notch quality paper. Though there isn’t anything like “perfect paper” but writing a paper that can enable you to score a grade A is substantively the main goal for writing well. Isn’t always easy for the professor to dish out “A’s”, the paper has to be riveting, thoroughly brushed and with very few mistakes if any.
There are essential steps which most students grapple with, which they can do it well if they follow. The task of paper writing involves choosing a topic, formulating an impeccable thesis statement, conducting comprehensive research, formulating the essay outline, coming up with a draft, proper placement of all citations, revising the draft, and finally putting up the perfect draft. Doing all these, may not be enough since you also need the ability to write succinctly, have properly formulated sentences with good grammar and punctuations. Also, you must have a good mastery of vocabulary and relevant writing style.
It happens on most occasions that a student had the right answers but got miserable grades because of poor presentation in writing. That is why we insist that for you to get grade A, you must really master the art of writing succinctly. You can only write a perfect paper when you know how to write masterfully, and in this article, you have 10 succinct tips for writing a perfect paper.
- Consult with Your Professor About the Topic. Peradventure, the professor gave out a wide content from which to pick a topic, and most students are bamboozled on which topic will work best. The best you can do is to identify your topic then consult with your professor about it. You can send an email to the professor or better yet, pass by the office to have a consultative discussion. From this consultation, the professor can help you on how to narrow down your topic, refine it and improve your precision. Besides, making time to consult the professor flatters him/her a bit so you will be a step ahead of other students. Succinctness is important and consulting the professor helps to achieve that.
- Identify Existing Gaps in the Published Papers. Critical thinking on the topic must be demonstrated when writing a perfect paper. As a student, it will be overly wrong to just reiterate what other people have said in their papers. You must move a notch higher by evaluating objectively the established claims or what is generally held as the truth by use of your lens of critique. In so doing, you easily find loopholes that exist in the prevailing system of belief.
- Make Your Introduction Captivating, Succinct and Meaningful. An introduction is what you write after you have identified the missing gaps through your research. It must begin with an attention grabber, something that arrests the thoughts of your reader. You can begin with a rhetorical question, dialogue, interactive quote, or any perturbing reality. Despite the angle you use to strike, only ensure your style of introduction is relevant to the topic. After which, you succinctly describe the broad topic even as you narrow it down. With the help of those loopholes previously identified, you can make smooth transitions to the specific issue you are tackling. Remember, in the last part of a perfectly succinct written essay should come to the thesis statement.
- Establish Your Thesis Statement. Remember that you should not choose your thesis statement until you have exhaustively done your research. When you are establishing your thesis, you are basically convincing your reader that your perspective is right. A perfectly written paper should have the paragraphs organized such that each starts with a strong opinion that validates your thesis statement. And the pieces of evidence should come from credible sources and relevant scholarly materials. The evidence should be reinforced with examples to improve the quality of the essay. You must remember to conclude every paragraph with a sentence that provides a smooth transition into the next.
- Don’t Crowd One Paragraph with Too Many Ideas. It’s prudent that in one paragraph you only stress on one idea. Bombarding one paragraph with too many ideas makes your writing to lose succinctness and professionalism. A perfectly written paper has a flow of ideas from one paragraph to another.
- Think of Contrasting Argument and Provide a Good Rebuttal. Ensure that you think of other claims that are in contradictory to your thesis statement. Recognizing counterarguments helps you avoid looking biased. Make the paragraph for counterargument succinct then pull a suitable rebuttal that makes that argument collapse.
- Properly Reference Your Work. To make your paper credible and perfect, you must include your list of all the sources you used while writing. Succinctness and consistency are crucial when referencing; only a single format can be used at a time. Your professor may instruct you to either use, MLA, APA, Harvard among other formats; the trick is to follow the instruction from your marking rubric.
- Avoid the Appearance of Plagiarism in Your Paper. In the world of academia, plagiarism is one of the worst crimes. Copying someone’s ideas verbatim and fail to recognize the source is what is called plagiarism. The punishment for plagiarism is unbearable and can cost your academic life, just avoid it like a plaque. Always paraphrase succinctly the ideas from other authors without directly copying.
- Conclude with Recommendations and Call for Action. The last section of your perfectly written essay should be a perfectly presented succinct conclusion. At this stage, you summarize the cardinal points that you captured in your essay. The conclusion should be done comprehensively without watering down the aspect of succinctness. Offer a suitable recommendation in order to make an interesting conclusion. Alternatively, it’s the best time to unleash your ideas on how researchers can chart their future studies on the topic. Better yet, you can make a call for action for any persons or group of people interested in the topic.
- Proofread Your Essay Thoroughly. However perfect you may esteem yourself to be, your paper cannot be totally perfect altogether. Some few grammatical errors could disguise themselves in the sentences, and the only way to get them out is by thorough proofreading with a fine-tooth comb. Take your time to reread and remove typos and unnecessary redundancies. Adjust the sentence structures and make the paper perfect.
Congratulations! You’ve just written a perfect paper for your college degree assignment. Consider using SuccinctWriters to help with your academic papers.